Monday, July 30, 2012

Teacher Response to Writing


Annotation

Question: What messages are being given to students through their teachers’ responses to their writing?

 Answer: “A three-year study  of the responses instructors make to the writing of students shows that potentially different messages are being sent in the course structure and the evaluative priorities in reading students’ papers.” CR Kline, Jr. 1976. P. 292.

Comment: What messages was I sending in my comments on student’s writing? I think I was trying to persuade students to use standard English. I think my students felt that that style was unrealistic. RayS.

Title: “Annotated Bibliography of Research in the Teaching of English, January 1, 1976 to June 30, 1976.” Daniel J. Dieterich. Research in the Teaching of English (Winter 1976), 278-293.

No comments: