Friday, July 30, 2010

Topic: Change in Blog



For quite a long while, I have been using my blog, “English Updates,” to give my readers a detailed look at the new national standards in English. In exchange, I have been publishing my reviews of recent professional articles on English at this site, “English Archives.” My work with the standards is finished and I am returning “English Updates” to reviewing recent articles. In turn, I will begin searching my archives for interesting articles from the 1990’s and before.

I began reading professional articles during my first year of teaching high school English in 1956. There are any number of interesting articles that still have staying power even from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. These are articles that I don’t think should be lost. Their ideas are still of interest  and useful today. So welcome back to "English Archives."

RayS.

No comments: